Friday, November 14, 2008

I've lots to be Thankful for....

I started this day with the wrong footing... being angry and pissed over silly things... I couldn't stand it anymore I complained to my mum about it and she somehow managed to quieten down my angry heart into a state of peace... how? ironically by telling me long grandmother stories about the family history and possibly why things are so etc.. etc... in her very loh soh way lol (to my cg: now you know who i got it from hiak hiak hiak). Though it may be loh soh, I've learnt to appreciate it and just sit at the feet of my elders, be pliable, and learn. And my mum led us into prayer, which was really ministering. Just what i needed, Thanks mum:)

In fact, just based on this, I'm already SO THANKFUL to God. How God can transform people over time, in His little ways is just so amazing. Indeed my mum has come a long long way, THANK YOU LORD:)

BUT!

This is not the only reason why i'm thankful today. I just came back from tuition, and just found out that althea my P2 tuition kid scored SO well in ALL her subjects she got a prize for best overall improvement!! She scored 96 for maths, 93 for English, and 96 for Chinese:) So proud of her!! I knew she had it in her, just that she can be quite lazy and rebellious at times. She's got the brains, but basically just needs someone to push her that's all. Like me last time lol. A little known fact - i was so intensively tutored in all my subjects from a young age i didn't learn to take responsibility for my own grades till like P4? Before that i didn't need to study man, my tutors will all spoon feed me information, and not that i was interested, but i'll unwittingly absorb the information and still do relatively well somehow. I slowly refused tuition and self studied except, for chinese lol. My tutor was quite good though, she drilled me so well i ended up in the higher chinese class. Yeah, that's me, Jared in higher chinese class ha.

Anyway, the next thing i'm Thankful for is that out of five modules, I'm done with one for the whole semester!! This module, the science of music was concluded with an end of term test today. WOOHOO!! To Bunny Ears: THIS is the BEAUTY of taking GEMs with No Exam! Be Jealous lol. Though, I've got to admit I was quite wowed when you mentioned that you loved the whole exercise of exams not for the sake of grades, but cos you wanted to rate your own knowledge by putting it to the test. Actually I agree that exams should not be a means to an end, hence, I'm deciding to take on this coming examinations with a heart for knowledge! So, do remember the reasons of your love for exams this critical time eh? It's a real positive way to look at it!

God has also impressed upon my heart thru these events to once again, not to insist on my rights over silly things, but to just surrender everything to Him. Indeed i'm blessed in so many ways. Why didn't I see it before? It's been how many years since I've been a Christian? This just goes to show that our walk with God is indeed a life-long journey.

Anyway, lots to study... so little time. May God grant me truckloads of wisdom!!!

No comments: